There are some papers I found more interesting than others.
I decided to share some of them with you.
I recommend reading these papers, since in each I found something new or an interesting concept that can be used in other areas.
It is important to mention that I got to most of these papers thanks to Prof. Nandi Arnab and Prof. Blanas Spyros.
Favorite Papers - HPC and DB
- Kung, Hsiang-Tsung, and John T. Robinson. "On optimistic methods for concurrency control." ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS) 6.2 (1981): 213-226.
- Li, Yinan, and Jignesh M. Patel. "BitWeaving: Fast scans for main memory data processing." Proceedings of the 2013 international conference on Management of data. ACM, 2013.
- Alagiannis, Ioannis, et al. "NoDB: efficient query execution on raw data files." Proceedings of the 2012 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data. ACM, 2012.
- Fan, Bin, David G. Andersen, and Michael Kaminsky. "MemC3: Compact and concurrent memcache with dumber caching and smarter hashing." Proc. 10th USENIX NSDI (2013).
- Thomson, Alexander, et al. "Calvin: fast distributed transactions for partitioned database systems." Proceedings of the 2012 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data. ACM, 2012.
- Tu, Stephen, et al. "Speedy transactions in multicore in-memory databases." Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles. ACM, 2013.
- Pelley, Steven, et al. "Storage management in the nvram era." Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment 7.2 (2013).
- Boyd-Wickizer, Silas, et al. "An analysis of Linux scalability to many cores." (2010).
- Stonebraker, Michael, and Joey Hellerstein. "What goes around comes around." Readings in Database Systems 4 (2005).
- Agrawal, Rakesh, and Ramakrishnan Srikant. "Fast algorithms for mining association rules." Proc. 20th int. conf. very large data bases, VLDB. Vol. 1215. 1994.
- Abadi, Daniel, Samuel Madden, and Miguel Ferreira. "Integrating compression and execution in column-oriented database systems." Proceedings of the 2006 ACM SIGMOD international conference on Management of data. ACM, 2006.
- Bernstein, Philip A., Colin W. Reid, and Sudipto Das. "Hyder-A Transactional Record Manager for Shared Flash." CIDR. Vol. 11. 2011.
Favorite Papers - AI
- Dardas N.H. and Georganas, Nicolas,"Real-Time Hand Gesture Detection and Recognition Using Bag-of-Features and Support Vector Machine Techniques" IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement, VOL. 60, NO. 11, NOVEMBER 2011
- Koller, Daphne, and Nir Friedman. Probabilistic graphical models: principles and techniques. MIT press, 2009.
I enjoyed Chapters 12, 20, and 21 the most. Strongly Recommended.
- Shapiro, Linda, and George C. Stockman. "Computer Vision." ed: Prentice Hall (2001).